Friday 12 November 2010

the 'what if' brief

my what if: what if everything was one dimension?

based on my dissertation on design before computers, i was forcing myself to create something without the use of a computer to see the outcome and also experiment to see whether computers stunt our creativity. which is what led me towards dimensions, its easy to create dimensions through the use of a computer especially when creating a large scale dimension piece however creating dimension on a flat surface interested me.

i decided to use the concept of layering, repetition and colour to create dimension. printing shapes, text and images on to tracing paper and acetate and overlapping piece and re-printing on top i created depths. also with the use of screen printing i overlapped prints which i could then overlap with a text printed on acetate or an image, the possibilities were endless.
























No comments:

Post a Comment